How to make patchwork: Triangles Perfect for quilt? To make triangles perfect from a square, it is necessary to have some care so that they are perfect. In addition to being a beautiful technique can do true wonders with her.
Let’s now learn how to make these triangles in the perfect manner that can be used to make quilts, rugs and other pieces that you want to do. Now let’s learn how to cut these triangles correctly.
How to cut Triangles Perfect for quilt
In addition to having the measure of the square, you need to add more to the seam allowance, plus 1 cm for each diagonal that riscamos. So if our square is 10 cm, we have to do the following calculations.
If our square is cut once on the diagonal must add 1 cm, it will look like this:
How to cut squares trainees for two triangles
When are we going to do a big job and need many triangles to form multiple squares, to facilitate the work we can do like this:
- We calculate the measure of the square that we want, here we will use 10 cm, to be able to we can’t forget the seam allowance, plus 1 cm if you have a cut on the diagonal;
- Cut a strip of 12.5 cm for the length of the fabric 1 and fabric 2;
- With the aid of a ruler, cut squares of 12,5 x 12,5 cm each chosen fabric;
- Overlap the front of the fabric with the front of another fabric;
- Scratch on the back of the fabric with the aid of a pencil or a chalk in a diagonal; The text size exceeds the maximum
- Pass a straight seam with a small point, I usually use between 2.5 or 3, in parallel to the risk with the distance of a foot from the machine;
- Sew all parts together. After stitching cut the squares following the diagonal scratch. Thus we will have two squares formed by two triangles.
How to Sew Triangles with Multiple Colors
To make a square with four different triangles make a square with two colors and another with another two different colors. See step for step in image:
With this technique you can do multiple jobs and use your imagination to abuse of colors and designes. Following I separated some pictures that I found on the internet to help you inspire also. Here are some models of how to gets the job completed with a lot of creativity, especially for those who like strong colours like I do.
- Be creative when choosing colors. Light colors with dark colors are always welcome.